All YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT RUQYA
What is Ruqyah Shariah ?
Ruqyah is the practice of healing spiritual sicknesses through Ayat (verses) from the holy book; Quran. It treats illnesses; such as evil eye, witchcraft, envy, and such diseases. On the other hand, Ruqyah is also an effective way for believers, to strengthen their belief (Iman), reaffirm their Tawhid for Allah; and also, to protect themselves from all kinds of evil. In fact, it is a collection of different Ayat and short Surahs from the Quran, for Muslims generally, and specifically, ill people, to recite in order to help themselves out healing, and also, to protect their spirits and even material properties.
What do we use Ruqyah Shariah for?
As we mentioned before, Ruqyah Shariah seeks to resolve both material and spiritual matters. In the first position, comes the spiritual matters of Ruqyah. Muslims believe in such diseases as they are aware of the existence of invisible bad energies like Al-Jinn. Because Islam has warned them about the evil eye, Jinn possessions, envy, and witchcraft, in the Quran and also, through the messenger documented Hadiths. These spiritual illnesses can affect their health badly, in specific, their mental and psychological health. Consequently, Ruqyah Shariah is the remedy for such illnesses.
However, the damages of these intangible sicknesses, are ironically tangible. Muslims believe in the evil eye; this latter can have a very negative impact on one’s properties, and valuable possessions. For example, a successful young Muslim, who has made it to own a decent house, car, a beautiful wife, He is exposed to the evil eye, of one of their neighbours, colleagues, or even a close family member. His valuable accomplishments may get damaged to be completely destructed, only by the evil eye, let alone the practices of magic.
How to properly perform Ruqyah Shariah ?
You can perform Ruqyah in different ways. You can perform it on your own, even though there are many people who seek experts to do it for them. It is highly recommended to do it for yourself, by yourself.
Here are some ways to perform Ruqyah Shariah
- By spitting in your hands while making a cup shape and reciting Surah Al-Ikhlas, Surah A-Falaq and Surah An-Nas. And then wipe your hands over your body parts, starting with your head, face and the front side of your body. Do that three times! This is what our prophet Muhammad SAAW used to do when he felt pain in a certain part of his body
- Recite Qur’an into olive oil and blow into it, then rub it all over your body. The messenger SAAW stated: “Eat olives and use the oil (to anoint) for indeed it is a blessed tree.”
- You can also recite the Qur’an onto some water in a bottle and blow into it; then, you can drink it and also, bathe from it
- You might just as well get zam zam water, and recite 3, 5 or 7 times the following verses over it and blow every time you recite them: Surah AlFatiha, Ayatul Kursi, the last 2 verses of Surah Al-Baqarah, and the last 3 Surahs of the Qur’an. Drink from this water in the morning, in the afternoon and before going to bed.
Reciting Dua from the Sunnah is quietly a good way to perform Ruqyah; such as:
- The Dua of the prophet: “اللَّهُمَّ أَذْهِبِ الْبَأْسَ رَبَّ النَّاسِ وَاشْفِ فَأَنْتَ الشَّافِي لاَ شِفَاءَ إِلاَّ شِفَاؤُكَ شِفَاءً لاَ يُغَادِرُ سَقَمًا ”
- › “[O Allah,] make the harm go away, Lord of mankind and heal him, You are the Healer, there is no healing except Your healing, a healing that does not leave any sickness.”
- The Dua of Jibril: بِسْمِ اللَّهِ أَرْقِيكَ مِنْ كُلِّ شَىْءٍ يُؤْذِيكَ مِنْ شَرِّ كُلِّ نَفْسٍ أَوْ عَيْنٍ أَوْ حَاسِدٍ اللَّهُ يَشْفِيكَ › “In the Name of Allah I perform Ruqyah for you, from everything that is harming you, from the evil of every soul or envious eye, may Allah heal you.”
What are the symptoms of the evil eye?
The symptoms of the evil eye are usually low-key. In other words, you may not think that the weird feeling that you are having, can possibly be because of the evil eye. But still, you may not also, have any reasonable explanations of these unpleasant weird feelings. Therefore, you need to check on these symptoms of the evil eye and reconsider the reason behind the imbalance of your well-being.
- Constant yawning, especially during performing prayers.
- Self-isolation for not liking to interact with people, or even disliking them for no reason.
- Laziness and procrastination.
- Constant anger, that is unexplainable, and also this one is the biggest of all signs.
- Crying for the least reasons.
- Being depressed to the point of having suicidal thoughts. Because Shaytan makes you want to despair, while real believers do not despair from the mercy of Allah!
- Headaches on one side of the head, or even in certain body parts.
- Feeling uncomfortable when the Qur’an is displayed.
- Having repeated nightmares, especially those in which some creature are chasing you.
The prophet SAAW said: “The evil eye is real and if anything was to overtake the divine decree, it would be the evil eye”. The evil eye, envy, black magic, and all kinds of it, can be performed in a direct or an indirect way, and are harmful to people. But luckily, Allah, gave us all the counters of all types of evil, as for Ruqyah Shariah. This latter is the way to go for Muslims, to fight back evil and banish it. By the Surahs from the Qur’an and Duas from the Sunnah, we shall conquer the evil. If you ever have doubts that you could be an ill person, you yourself can perform Ruqyah Sharia, and be your own Raqi. There are plenty of ways from the Sunnah, which highlight, how you can perform it properly for increased and fast results.